5 April, 2020
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 Passilla pepper, julienned
- 2-3 small fresh habanero pepper (or 1 dried habanero), diced.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6-8 flower tortillas, warmed
- Optional: shredded cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole, and sour cream.
Cut the chicken into strips and leave them to marinate in 2 tablespoons of canola oil, lemon juice, and spices. cover and refrigerate for 1-12 hours. Stir occasionally if possible.
Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of canola oil and the onions and peppers to a large pan over medium heat. Cook until softened. 4-5 minutes. Then remove, and set aside.
To the same pan, add the chicken mixture and stirring occasionally, cook thoroughly. 7-10 minutes. Once these are done, return the peppers and onions to the pan for another quick 2-5 minutes. remove heat and serve!